Organizational Research Methods (PhD), January to May, 2017
This is an introductory PhD seminar on organizational research methods. In this course we will together critically examine the building blocks of rigorous research and publishing in the organizational sciences, across a range of research questions and specific research methods. We will do this through readings, class discussions, and exercises, as well as through writing and reviewing one another’s work.
Key Learning Objectives
- Expose you to a range of methods commonly-used by organizational scholars, helping you to learn the language and foundations of dominant methodological approaches.
- Improve your ability to critically consume organizational research from a variety of methodological approaches.
- Provide you with different methodological tools that may be useful for your own research interests and questions.
- Develop your ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of research, as well as the tradeoffs that scholars make in the research and publication process.
- Strengthen your ability to communicate your ideas, interests, and contributions through your writing.